SANTE D’OR FOUNDATION is seeking candidates for the following roles: Volunteer Program Coordinator & Events Manager; Rescue Operations Manager; and Marketing Manager. Each position is part-time; we welcome your application to more than one role if you feel you would be a good fit. Please send your resume and specify in your cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org which role(s) are of interest. Each position pays $15/hr.
VOLUNTEER PROGRAM COORDINATOR & EVENTS MANAGER
In this role, you will train and schedule volunteers for the cleaning and feeding shifts at the rescue, and schedule volunteers for special events throughout the year (such as bake sales, holiday open houses, and local community events). We are looking for a proactive, organized individual who will manage, maintain and grow the volunteer programs and opportunities at the rescue. Specific duties include:
- Maintain the scheduling software to ensure all volunteer shifts are filled: one a.m. and one p.m. shift daily, with 3-4 volunteers per shift.
- Lead orientations to train volunteers how to clean cages, feed animals and follow our safety and sanitation protocols.
- Manage the junior volunteer program (ages 12 and up).
- Oversee completion of volunteer paperwork (e.g., applications, releases, log-in book).
10-15 hours per week.
RESCUE OPERATIONS MANAGER
In this role, you will work closely with the Executive Director and the Assistant Executive Director to respond to email and phone inquiries from the public regarding animal availability and adoption, animal surrender to the rescue, and general questions regarding found or lost animals and animal care. We are looking for an organized, understanding individual with outstanding written and verbal skills to represent the rescue to members of the public who are often experiencing difficult personal circumstances. Specific duties include:
- Monitor the general rescue email account and respond to potential adopters and other inquires on animals (e.g., animal surrender).
- Retrieve voice mail messages and respond accordingly.
- Assist Executive Director and Assistant Executive Director on-site during the hours the rescue is open to the public by welcoming visitors, answering specific questions about animals at the rescue and monitoring visitor interaction with animals.
12 hours per week. Hours may increase during kitten season.
In this role, you will work with staff and our newsletter editor, the volunteers who manage our FB, IG and Twitter accounts, and fosters who provide content for our social media accounts. We are looking for an individual who will use their creative and coordinating skills for practical outcomes for the rescue.
Specific duties include:
- Work with Staff, volunteers and fosters to create and coordinate content for SDO’s website, newsletter, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, Petfinder and Adopt-a-Pet profiles.
- Assist with creation of targeted event promotion materials.
- On as-needed basis, produce marketing and/or educational material for distribution at community events.
5-10 hours per week.